Case Making Classes
As we have new case making class offerings they will be posted here.
Currently we are offering a 4 session online class to cover case making techniques.
Below is a summary of the details:
Tuesday & Thursday classes starting March 24, 2020
7pm-9pm Eastern Time for the Live session
4 total 2 hour sessions
- Starting with original prototypes we will demonstrate how to set up and cast a mold.
- How to build your own prototype boxes
- How to determine the amount of material to use.
- Mixing and pouring the casting material for tops and mats
Beginning the assembly
- Hinging the box
- Applying the tops
- Making pinch pads
- Making embossed cover pads
Preparing to finish
- Sanding and staining
- Making the hardware, brass hooks, eyes, spacers
- Cutting glass
Finishing the case
- Applying Hardware
- Inserting the interior, pinch pad trimming, cover pad, mat and glass
$200 for online course only, includes access to the recorded version of the class
$250 for online course and the manual (includes shipping via USPS Mail, additional postage required for international delivery)
Optional: follow along with a kit of supplies to assemble your own case. You can order any case on our website for 50% of the finished case cost and we will supply you with all the parts ready for assembly. You will need to provide your own clear Gorilla Glue, super glue, black stain, and sanding block or sand paper (120 grit or less). You should also have access to a belt sander to sand down the 3 edges of your case flush to prepare it for stain.
For anyone that needs individual help during or after the class I’m happy to work one on one with you in an online video conference or by phone or text.
To enroll complete the form below (to allow time for manual and supplies to arrive, please sign up by Friday 3/20/20):